· Towle’s Corner Store – Currently restricted hours, 5am-7pm with Dunkins Until April 8th 562-8130
· Town Hall – Phone appointments only, online directory at www.rumfordme.org
· Tractor Supply Co. – Open 8am-6pm Mon-Sat, 9am-6pm Sundays
· Trendsetters – Closed until April 8th
· United Insurance – office closed to public, Appts via phone or email www.unitedinsurance.net.
· UMA Rumford Center – Closed to Public & Students
· Verizon – Open electronically, facebook messenger, email or Call (207)-369-0016
· VIP – Open normal hours, 7:30am – 6pm Sunday 9am – 4pm 364-7923
· Walgreens – Store open everyday, Pharmacy Hours Mon-Fri, 9-8pm Sat 9-6 Sun 9-5
· Wal-Mart – Store open, Pharmacy Open Tue 6-7, Mon,Wed,Thur 8-7, Sat 8-6, Sun 9-5,
· Western Maine Machines: Open w/curbside, household supplies. M-F 9-5, Sat 9-3 507-1257
· 207 Graphics: Currently taking embroidery & vinyl sticker orders through email, firstname.lastname@example.org 357-7084
Date: 5-20-21 Time: 8am Location: American Legion, Congress St Rumford Live Stream on EnvisionRumford Facbook Page
EnvisionRumford Current Officers & Board Members: KRIS HOWES (Board Term Expires 2021) – President BEVERLY SOUCY (Term Expires 2022) – Vice President KRISTI GORDON (Term Expires 2021) – Treasurer JESSICA ROBERTS – Secretary JENNIFER F. KRECKEL (T.E. 2022) – Corporate Clerk STEPHANIE REED (Term Expires 2021) KATHERINE JOHNSON (Term Expires 2022) RICHARD LOVEJOY (Term Expires 2023) GABRIEL PERKINS (Term Expires 2023)
Ex Officio Members: STACY CARTER - Town Manager GEORGE O’KEEFE - Economic Development Director of Rumford CHERYL DICKSON – River Valley Chamber of Commerce NATALIE BEALE - Community Concepts
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - Members in Attendance: - Welcome from President: -Previous Minutes Review/Approval: -Bernie Pare’s resignation from the board must be submitted in writing to Kris Howes.
- This Meetings Discussions: - Board & Officer Members: - Set a date for a Board & Officer Only Meeting: - At meeting we will: - Develop a plan with Officers & Board Members to delegate duties, tasks, requirements, and a plan for the year. Committee Chair will do the same for their committee. -Update Suggestions to By-Laws:
- Board Members: - Gabriel Perkins has been reached out to, via e-mail, regarding status of board membership. We have not received a reply. Does anyone have contact info or any information regarding this? Our By-Laws state if you miss 3 consecutive meetings it will be considered a vacancy and the remaining board members will fill in until new members are voted in at the annual meeting. By-Laws also state ER needs 9 Board members, we currently have 7 with 2 open positions.
- Memberships: We have decided not to move forward with the paid membership plan. Membership for ER startup was just a form and information. Instead, we will ask each member to donate a suggested amount of $25 per year, to be collected anytime through a collection fund at each monthly meeting. A donation spot will also be added to the website, as well as letters going out to surrounding businesses and supporters.
- 12 Month Plan: After reviewing the Start Up packets idea of having a 12-month plan, we will follow these steps and develop a plan for the remainder of the year. Suggestions for projects and plans are always welcome.
- Survey the public/businesses: Was a survey ever done? The start up packet mentions doing a survey of the people who live and work in the business districts to see what services they think are lacking.
- Maine Development Foundation: On May 7th, Kris & Anne Ball met via zoom to discuss the groups new start up. We chatted up outdated parts of the by-laws and how we can update them. Discussed fundraising options and examples that other towns do. Spoke about how to utilize downtown businesses help to raise funds, and how the municipality should be more involved. The river and surrounding trails are a great asset to the community, so we chatted about ways to make that engage with the residents and businesses. Here are some of the points we discussed and have decided for the group.
- Petty Cash: Kris and Jes are making a request for $50 petty cash from ER to have on hand to purchase items such as paper for printing, envelopes, stamps, etc for the purpose of mailing out items such as thank you notes for sponsors, information, forms, etc.
- Treasurer’s Report: (Kristi Gordon)
- Committee Reports:
- Promotions: (Kris Howes) -T-Shirt Sale Contest! Gaskyl Printers will design/print a Rumford shirt for the group to sell as a fundraiser. The front will be a nice “Rumford” Themed shirt. Shirt back having the EnvisionRumford logo and other sponsors below. -Shirt selling contest will be for anyone that wishes to participate. A Free shirt will be given to each participant, with a pre-sell sign up sheet. Whoever sells the most shirts, wins the design on a hooded sweatshirt and $50 Gift Certificate to the Hotel Rumford! -All shirts will be sold with a free EnvisionRumford Button. -Shirts will be sold to ER for $8 each. Sold to public for $20 -Seeking 3 More Sponsors of $100. Business gets logo on the shirt and 2 Free shirts.
-Side Walk Saturday Sale! A sale day, in July? Attempt to plan with Stacy Carter in his plans to do an end of downtown project day. Push businesses to clean up their business front, sidewalk, downtown areas. Then have a sidewalk sale and promotions day. Utilize empty business fronts and possibly Lennox dirt lot for other vendors tables/tents.
-Pumpkin Festival! After speaking with Stacy Carter, the group is planning to have Pumpkin Fest this October, on Congress Street & Side streets in downtown Rumford. This is only…if in accordance with Maine State Covid Safety Guidelines, and if outdoor event restrictions are lifted and allowed to run 100%, order remains to change in May. A final decision on date, and event plans will be announced in May, which still gives us plenty of time to plan a great downtown festival, along the same plan as it ran many years ago.
- Organizational: (Jennifer Kreckel) - Design / Beautify Rumford: (Stephanie Reed) -Committee met on 5-6-21. - Business Enhancement: (George O’Keefe) - Other Issues, Projects, Goals for this Year: -Community Project Idea regarding dogs and waste. Installing dog bag dispensers in heavy traffic areas of dog walkers.
-Street Lights on Congress – General question regarding why they are not always on at night? We now have businesses on the Island that are open at night. Any info as to why this is?
- Next Meeting Date: - Adjourn:
2021 Upcoming Events!
-Festival of Trees will unfortunatly not happen this year. There will be a small parade down Congress Street with a tree lighting at the Memorial Park at the end of Congress Street. -(Talks of) Lumber Jack Festival, May 2022
Follow us on Facebook
CLICK HERE TO GO HOME 2021 EnvisionRumford | Site Managed by Gaskyl Productions Envisionrumford@gmail.com